Oct 13, 2011

If you can't say anything nice...

I'm back. I think. I guess we'll see.

CT is such a good example to me. I have this unfortunate habit of speaking my thoughts out loud...and sometimes my thoughts are, shall we say, less than charitable. I know. I shouldn't admit that since some of you may be apalled to learn that I'm not always nice, but it's the truth. But CT, now he's a different story. He never, and I mean never, says anything mean, or uncharitable, or offensive about anyone. I always tell him he should be grateful for me, because I know somewhere deep inside, he's thinking those things, and I just give voice to those thoughts. He's not buying it though.

But really, in all honesty, I'm the one who is grateful for him. He often tells me "Hun, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Now, who hasn't heard that growing up? But I guess I forgot it in my adulthood since really it only applies to kiddos anyway...right?

So, I will attribute my silence on this blog for the last three months to that simple adage. I guess I just didn't have anything nice to say. I'd been down, depressed, and not very motivated. And nobody likes a Debbie Downer. But, I'm feeling sooo much better and now I feel like I have gobs of nice things to say.

So I'll end with this one. I'm so grateful for my husband that pushes me and reminds me every day to be a better person. Sometimes we forget the simple things we learned as kids, because we think we're all grown up and we know better now. I'm grateful for my husband who has taught me that maybe I need to remember a bit of the kid in me.

~CJ

3 comments:

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing! Your CT sounds great! I think we all need that reminder! Nick always says how you are the nicest person he's ever met, so maybe it's about perspective, too! Glad to see you blogging again! :)

<3 Patty

Team O'Connor said...

Girl I know what you mean about saying only nice things! I could go for weeks without speaking at work if I only said nice things :) Hahaha. You are a real sweetheart though so I know whatever you were thinking or saying was probably warranted. I'm so happy that you have someone who helps you stay balanced because that is true happiness.

Audra said...

glad your back!