Jan 26, 2011

Let's try this again

I've had this blog site for almost 2 years now, and nary a word had I written in all that time. I had ambitious goals to fill in all my many readers on the fascinating life that is mine...but what can I say; I guess I don't want you to be jealous. I kid, I kid. So instead you get to read about my ordinary life, which happens to be just the way I like it. So, here goes...

CT and I have been married for almost 2 years. 2 years! Funny how its felt like 10. Hmm.
Last year for our anniversary/late honeymoon, we went to Playa Del Carmen for 5 days. Talk about Heaven. This year, we may just go to dinner...but I'm secretly hoping for the Cayman Islands. The hubs doesn't know this yet, but he'll find out soon enough.

2010 was a rough year, and a wonderful year. We had a miscarriage in April, and then got a new fur baby in May (she's a border collie mix and she's a doll!). CT's uncle passed away, and his only niece turned 2 (she's also a doll). My niece got married to a marine. We went to Lake Powell, Washington DC, St George, Vegas, San Diego and Mexico. Oh, and Happy Valley (aka Orem). We bought each other new wedding rings. We haven't bought a house yet, but we're so much closer to being out of debt! CT took a little breather from work, and I got a promotion. I chopped all my hair off; something I fantasize about doing all time. CT stopped covering his gray hair, which I love. I've contemplated starting my own business and what I would name it. We bought a new car and...here's the big news... the really big news... are you ready?... I went back to school!! I'm so close, I can taste it. 3 classes and I'm done!

All in all maybe it doesn't sound like much, but we had a very busy year. And I'm psyched that 2011 is finally here. I have big plans for this year. Very big plans my friends. I'll guess you'll have to stick around if you want to see what I'm talking about.

~CJ

2 comments:

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Love your blog. Sounds like your happy which makes me happy. I was just thinking about how upset your were many many years ago when you stepped on that shirt I was making for my sister-in-law. most kids that age could care less.
Nick

CJ said...

I think its great that you remember that story. I can still remember how terrible I felt and how nice you were about it. I read your blog religiously and I love all the pics of the kids. Makes me happy to see them. Miss you guys so much!