Feb 7, 2011

Buh Bye

I'm taking a hiatus from Facebook for awhile. "What and why???" some of you might think appallingly (Jeremy) while others may be at this moment silently cheering me on. I can already feel the "you go girl" coming my way. Well, I'll tell you why I feel the need to cleanse myself from the Facebook influence. I find myself getting caught up in the lives and stories of my 'friends' and then experiencing small bouts of anxiety as I start to imagine how much cooler their lives are and why I'm not doing all those cool things. It could be something as small as "great bike ride today" and I immediately start thinking 'why didn't I go on a bike ride today, I want to ride a bike...' regardless of the fact that its 20 degrees outside and the roads are icy and yucky. And the funny part is that I don't actually want to go on a bike ride. I don't want any of my 'friends' lives! I love my life. I love my husband (love love love him!), my dogs, my family(s), the town we live in, the cars we drive, the friends we have, the goals we've made and the plans we have for our life together. That's the only life I want. The only one I care about.

Building a life with him is the one thing that really matters to me...


So, to eliminate the artificial anxiety I feel while reading all the great adventures of my so-called friends (a handful of which are truly my friends and the rest are what I would consider acquaintances), I'm breaking up with Facebook. Not to worry (Jeremy), it is just temporary. ;-)

To all my Wisconsin peeps...Go Packers! I was psyched for you guys and thought it a great game. To Jake, sorry bud. Maybe next time.
~CJ

1 comment:

Team O'Connor said...

1). I always feel like that with Facebook. I think it must be natural. Do people only post their best or do we read into things? I mean, I guess I'm not going to post when I fail at something, right?
2). My husband is a huge Packer fan and I didn't know you had Wisconsin peeps :)